You can add your business to Google Search by creating a Google My Business listing.
Checkout this video:
Introduction: Why you should add your business to Google Search
As a small business owner, you may be wondering why it’s important to add your business to Google Search. There are many benefits to claiming and verifying your business on Google My Business (GMB), which we’ll explore in this article.
Google is the most popular search engine in the world, handling over 3.5 billion searches per day. That’s a lot of potential customers that could be searching for your business! In order to make sure your business is visible in search results, you need to ensure your GMB listing is claimed and up-to-date.
In addition to making your business more visible, adding your business to GMB can also help you to:
-Get found more easily on Google Maps
-Manage how your business appears across Google Search and Maps from one centralised location
-Gain insights into how customers are finding and interacting with your listing
-Receive real-time notifications about customer interactions with your listing, so you can respond quickly
If you’re ready to get started, follow the steps below to add your business to Google Search.
How to add your business to Google Search
One of Google’s primary goals is to provide users with the most relevant and useful search results possible. That’s why, when you search for a business on Google, you may see information from that business’s Knowledge Graph card displayed on the right-hand side of the search results.
If you’re a business owner, you can make sure your business is represented in the Knowledge Graph by adding your business to Google Search. Doing so is free, and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
Get started by signing into your Google My Business account (if you don’t have one, you can create one now).
Click “Add your business to Google.”
Enter your business name and address. If your business has multiple locations, you can add them one at a time by clicking “Add another location.” You can also add a service area if you deliver goods or services to customers within a certain distance of your business location(s).
Choose a category for your business, then click “Continue.” If you can’t find an appropriate category, select the closest related category or click “Not listed” and enter a new category.
Enter a phone number or website URL for your business, then click “Continue.” Note that you must be verified as an owner or manager of this phone number or website domain before you can proceed. You can learn more about verification here.
Click “Finish.” Your new listing will appear in the “Unclaimed listings” section of your account until it is verified by Google My Business.
What information you need to add your business to Google Search
In order to add your business to Google Search, you will need the following information handy:
– The name of your business
– Your business address
– Your business phone number
– Your business website
– Your business category (e.g., “restaurant,” “plumber,” etc.)
– A brief description of your business
– Hours of operation
– Photos of your business (optional)
Tips for creating a listing that appears in Google Search
When customers search for your business on Google, you want to make sure your company comes up. One way to do that is by creating a listing for your business on Google My Business (GMB).
GMB is a free platform that allows businesses to manage their online information— such as their hours, location, and contact information—all in one place. When you create a GMB listing, your business can appear in Google Search and Maps.
To get started, go to google.com/business and sign in with your Google account. Then, enter your business name and address. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to add more information about your company, such as hours of operation, website, and photos.
Once you’ve created your listing, be sure to keep your information up-to-date and accurate. You can also use GMB to post updates about your business, such as special offers or events. Customers will see these updates when they search for your business on Google.
Creating a GMB listing is a great way to make sure customers can find your business online. By keeping your listing accurate and up-to-date, you can help potential customers learn more about what you have to offer—and eventually turn them into paying customers.
How to optimize your business listing on Google Search
Optimizing your business listing on Google Search is a great way to increase your visibility online and attract new customers. There are a few simple steps you can take to ensure that your business appears in search results when potential customers are looking for businesses like yours.
1. Start by claiming or creating your business listing on Google My Business. This is a free service that allows businesses to manage their listings on Google Search and Maps.
2. Once you have claimed or created your listing, take some time to fill out all of the information about your business. Include accurate and up-to-date contact information, hours of operation, categories, and service areas. You can also add photos, videos, and other content to help potential customers learn more about your business.
3. Be sure to keep your business information up-to-date, especially if you make any changes to your hours of operation or contact information. Customers will appreciate having accurate information, and it can help reduce the number of wrong calls or visits to your business.
4. Finally, encourage customers to leave reviews of your business on your Google My Business listing. Positive reviews can help improve your visibility in search results and attract new customers
How to monitor and track your business listing on Google Search
Google Search is one of the most popular ways that consumers find local businesses. If you want your business to be visible to potential customers, it’s important to make sure that your business is listed on Google Search. You can track and monitor your business listing on Google Search by following these simple steps:
1. Go to google.com/business and sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free.
2. Enter your business name in the search bar. If your business is already listed, you will see it appear in the search results.
3. Click on your business listing to claim it. Once you claim your listing, you will be able to manage your business information and respond to customers who leave reviews.
4. To track how often your business appears in Google Search results, click on the “Insights” tab on your Business Profile page. Here, you will see data on how often customers view and click on your listing.
Why you should keep your business information up-to-date on Google Search
It’s important to keep your business information up-to-date on Google Search so customers can find you easily. If you move or change your phone number, make sure to update your business listing. You can also add information about your business, such as products and services offered, business hours, and photos.
If you’re a business owner, you can control what information shows up on your listing by claiming your business on Google My Business. Once you claim your business, you can manage your business information from one dashboard. You can also use Google My Business to respond to customers who leave reviews or ask questions about your business on Google Search and Maps.
If you’re not the owner of a businesses but have updates to suggest, like a new address or phone number, you can provide feedback about the listing directly on Google Search or Maps.
What to do if your business listing on Google Search is inaccurate
If you’ve checked Google Search and your business listing is inaccurate, you can request a change by following these steps:
1. Find your business on Google Search. If you can’t find your business, try searching for your business category and location. For example, search for “pizza New York.”
2. If your business is shown in the search results, click it to open the listing.
3. On the listing page, click the Suggest an edit button. This button is only available on computer browsers, not mobile browsers.
4. Enter the new information and click Submit. Depending on the accuracy of your request and our backlog, it can take up to a few weeks for changes to appear on Google Search.
How to remove your business listing from Google Search
It is possible to remove your business listing from Google Search. You can do this by editing your business listing and removing your business name, address, and phone number. You can also remove your business listing by deleting your Google My Business account.
FAQs about adding your business to Google Search
As a business owner, you can get your business listings on Google Search and Maps for free. Just add your business to Google My Business, and make sure your listing is accurate and up to date.
If you already have a listing on Google My Business, you can edit your business information at any time. To show up in local search results, make sure you’ve completed all the required fields in your listing, like hours, categories, photos, and service area.
Your business may also appear in organic search results if it’s linked to from other websites or if customers leave reviews on Google. You can’t pay to be included in organic search results.